Using Resources Consciously
The protection of the environment is a collaborative task. It is also in the interest of building owners and users to contribute to this. Planning is environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient if it serves the protection goals of ecology. This includes, for example, considerations regarding the choice of location, the use of land, energy requirements or the selection of building materials.
Buildings in Germany account for a significant proportion of total energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
The choice of location already has an influence on sustainability: Is the property easily accessible, can renewable energies be used, is rainwater able to seep away? The continued use of buildings or new buildings through "densification" in gaps between buildings also has less impact on the environment.
Sustainable buildings require as little energy as possible and also use renewable energies. A compact building with optimised insulation reduces heat losses and efficient system technology with heat recovery ensures comfort. The selection of building products that are compatible with health and the environment is also important, as the production and subsequent disposal of the materials can be very costly and the building materials influence the indoor air quality. Sealed areas should be reduced as far as possible - for example, by green roofs or green areas around the building.
- Minimisation of land use by the building and/or::
- Construction of buildings with high space efficiency
- Implementation of compensatory measures
- Use of existing building stock and building materials and/or:
- Use of reusable or recyclable building products/building materials
- Use of sustainably produced, renewable raw materials (e.g. wood)
- Minimisation of the energy demand in the utilization phase through building optimization and/or:
- Use of energy-efficient technical equipment for the conditioning of the rooms
- Use of renewable energy sources
- Use of constructions with building materials without pollutants and/or::
- Selection and installation of building materials with largely reduced pollutant content
- Use of durable materials and installation as easily separable layers
- Reduction of drinking water consumption and/or:
- Use of rainwater or grey water
- Retention and infiltration of precipitation water